Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Chicago Two

We're headed to CHI today for a long weekend. Though I don't think we'll be inciting any riots.

I decided a month or two ago to attend the third annual Seed Conference – a "one day conference on design, entrepreneurship and inspiration" – featuring some speakers whose work I've been a fan of for quite some time – particularly Carlos Segura, founder of pioneering digital type foundry T.26 and Jim Coudal, founder of creatively inspiring Coudal Partners. I was sold when I read the following:
You should attend if you’re a designer (print, web or video) or a business-minded soul who is looking to take creative ideas and turn them into something SATISFYING & BANKABLE.

So, that's my Friday. Hol will be having a "spa day" at either exhale or the spa at our hotel, the James. She's been poring over the offerings of each for days.

Saturday, we're heading to the Jeff Koons show at the MCA. [Thx for the heads up dad!]

And, if I know us, we'll probably squeeze in a little shopping around all that. And, I may post updates during the weekend, but I can't say for sure.

Note: The image you may recognize as Bonnie and Clyde – who, as far as I can tell didn't operate much, if at all, in Chicago.

No comments: